Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May Long Weekend pt.2

The second day of our marvelous adventure.

We started off with a shoot in this abandonned car about a fifteen minute walk from her cabin. There I was able to take one of Madi's favourite photographs (see the portrait below, under "the results"). I believe I did Gillian's makeup and hair for this one and Madi did her own makeup of course.

The second shoot of the day was where Gillian and I had to venture into the horrid water. I had my waterproof Olympus camera with me, along with prescription glasses and Gillian basically was my blind model. I think only a couple photographs turned out because every time we'd step there would be silt coming out from the bottom and it would clear up the entire underwater. To add to that we couldn't get much deeper because it was so cold out. We were going to do one with Madi, but we ended up doing that the next day and not underwater.
After some hot chocolate we did the Repunzel idea I've had for awhile, meaning ever since Madi told me they had a tree house out there. It took me a good fifteen minutes to braid all her hair in into one long braid, I ended up using all my hair extentions. Her little brother was our "prince charming" he was adorable. Gillian had to carry him because he didn't want to walk with bare feet.
Later, it became quite cloudy and I wanted to do a shoot with Gillian and this barb wire we had seen earlier on when we were going up to the car. So we went there and we also took a lamp with us, however it didn't shine because I guess it wasn't dark enough, so I didn't use it in many of the photographs.
That was basically the last shoot until later in the evening when it got dark and I shot Gillian with the Narnia looking lamp they had in their yard.


The Results:



No comments:

Post a Comment